ANARKID CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL COLOUR DAY!
This Sunday 21st March, marks International colour day. We're celebrating with 20% off all PURPLE styles with code PURPLE20.
Our world is filled with colour, it affects our mood and represent
We've chosen to celebrate International colour day with the colour purple because it symbolises pride, creativity, and independence 🙌🏼
Here are 10 interesting facts about the colour purple:
- In crystal therapy, purple amethyst is used to unblock creativity, increase imagination, remove spiritual obstacles, and reawaken the learning of new things.
- Violet is the classic color for royalty.
- Wearing purple can have a psychological effect as it possesses calming and stimulating properties, which benefits us by putting us in the right frame of mind. It could also decrease blood pressure and heart rate because of its bluish undertone.
- In Thailand, purple is usually worn by widows in mourning.
- Porphyrophobia is fear of the color purple.
- Purple is the hardest color for eyes to distinguish.
- Dominica is the only nation on Earth to use the color purple in its flag.
- Historically, purple was used to distinguish the wealthy from commoners. This was mostly due to the fact that the extraction process of that beautiful rich colour took a longer amount of time, and as such, was only affordable and accessible to the wealthy.
- Because the colour purple is created by combining a strong warm (red) with a strong cool colour (blue), purple retains both warm and cool properties.
- The expression “purple speech” is used to describe profanity and bad language.